AREAS OF PRACTICE
- Personal Injury
- Civil Litigation
- Medical Malpractice
Since 1990, Mr. Shaffer has dedicated his practice to representing individuals who have been injured both on and off the job representing many families for wrongful death, and individuals who have suffered severe vehicle accidents; traumatic brain injuries; severe burns; paralysis; and other types of catastrophic and career-ending injuries.
While Mr. Shaffer has received a multitude of awards and honors, both civic and professional, he is most proud of the outstanding results he has obtained for the thousands of clients he has represented. He also takes pride in helping people who are less seriously injured seek the justice that they deserve.
Mr. Shaffer is known for his meticulous and aggressive preparation of cases for settlement and trial and has a long distinguished track record as lead trial counsel in million-dollar jury cases involving personal injury, medical malpractice and wrongful death.
Mr. Shaffer has tried cases resulting in jury verdicts involving construction negligence, product liability, automobile and truck collisions and premises liability. He has handled all types of tort liability cases, including medical malpractice, defective medical devices and toxic substances.
Known for his service and contribution to the underserved in his community, Mr. Shaffer serves on many local boards and is an active member of a myriad of legal and trade organizations.
Additionally, Martindale-Hubbell has distinguished Mr. Shaffer with its highest “AV Preeminent Rating” ranking for legal ability and adherence to ethical standards.
- Pennsylvania Bar Association
- Pennsylvania Trial Lawyers Association
- Pennsylvania Trial Lawyers Association, Contributing author and columnist, PA Justice News
- Philadelphia Bar Association
- Philadelphia Bar Association, Member, Board of Governors, 2007-2010
- Philadelphia Bar Association, Member, Legal Referral Information Services Committee, 2008- present
- Philadelphia Bar Association, Chair, Lawyer Referral Information Services Committee 2010
- Philadelphia Bar Association, Vice Chair, Executive Committee, Young Lawyers Division,1999
- Philadelphia Bar Association, Chair, Doctors/Lawyers in the Classroom Program, 1996
- Philadelphia Barr Association, Chair, Professional Development Committee, 1998-1999
- Philadelphia Volunteer Lawyers for the Arts, Volunteer Lawyer, 1994- present
- Philadelphia Volunteers for the Indigent Program, Volunteer Lawyer, 1994- present
- Philadelphia Trial Lawyers Association
- Philadelphia Trial lawyers, President’s Select Committee, 2008- 2010
- Temple American Inn of Court, 1997- present
- Temple American Inn of Court, Award of Excellence recipient, 2009
- PA Super Lawyer, 2007- 2020
- Martindale-Hubbell Pre-eminent “AV” Rating
- Bala House Montessori School, Bala Cynwyd, PA Board of Trustees, 2005- 2009
- Bala House Montessori School, Legal Counsel, 2005- 2009
- Bala House Montessori School, Development Chair, 2004- 2006
- Caitlyn Elizabeth Russell Foundation for Premature Babies, Legal Counsel, 2005-2010
- Caitlyn Elizabeth Russell Foundation for Premature Infants, Board Member, 2005-present
- Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia, Food Allergy Board, 2010- present
- Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia, Food Allergy Fundraising Steering Committee 2010-present
- Lower Merion Little League, Coach, 2007- present
- Lower Merion Soccer Club, Coach, 2004- 2010
- Main Line Girls Basketball Association, Coach, 2007-present
- Next Level Sports Football, Coach, 2010- present
- Cynwyd Neighborhood Association, Member, 2005- present
- Personal Injury Boot Camp, National Business Institute, April 2012
- Advanced Expert Witness techniques, National Business Institute, June 2011
- Product Liability Update, Pennsylvania Bar Institute, July 2010
- J.D., Temple University School of Law, 1990
- B.A., cum laude, Temple University, 1987
- New Jersey
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Pennsylvania
- U.S. District Court, Middle District of Pennsylvania
- U.S. District Court of New Jersey
- Third Circuit Court of Appeals
We are ready to help
Set up a FREE initial consultation email us or call us 24/7.
Philadelphia: 215-751-0100 | New Jersey: 856-429-0970